Monday, November 21, 2011

Announcing "Mondays with the Minister"


Dear all,

I would like to announce a new series of online discussions that I will be moderating through my Twitter account (@agnesbinagwaho). One Monday per month, I will log onto Twitter to lead discussion, answer questions, and take comments about a specific topic related to health programs in Rwanda. These chats will be called “Mondays with the Minister,” and you can follow them through my account or by searching Twitter for #MinisterMondays.

I held the first round of “Mondays with the Minister” this past week on Monday, 14 November. The topic was family planning in Rwanda and around the world, and I partnered with the International Conference on Family Planning (@fpdakar2011). Approximately 50 people from many different countries asked questions and sent in comments, which I answered and re-posted on my own Twitter account. The discussion was very instructive and encouraging. I absolutely loved interacting with people with so many different perspectives on this important topic, and hope that the conversations we started will continue long past the Twitter chat.

The New Times published a short article on “Mondays with the Minister” on Saturday, 19 November. You can read it under the Media tab of my blog, or on the New Times website at http://www.newtimes.co.rw/pdf.php?issue=14814&article=47340.